GiveNKind accepts gently used goods by appointment at our GiveNKind Centers in Mundelein, IL and Carlisle, PA.
If you have any doubt about the quality of the item, ask yourself, would you gift this item to another person? Would you like to receive this item? If you are in doubt, please do not include the item in your donations. We work hard to find items that are needed and that give dignity to the recipient.
Please have your donated goods bagged or boxed into like categories and labeled. Sorting and labeling your donations before arrival greatly speeds up the sorting process, allowing your donation to get into the hands of those who need the items faster.
Select an appointment at your GiveNKind Center. With social distancing measures in mind, please place donations in your trunk. Volunteers will unload your vehicle and a tax donation receipt will be emailed to you. Do not leave items outside of an GiveNKind Center after hours.
- Kitchenware, plate sets, utensils, small appliances, bakeware, pots and pans, small appliances
- Cleaning supplies
- Toiletries and feminine hygiene products
- Paper products (paper towels, tissues, toilet paper)
- New underwear and socks
- Shoes and belts
- Backpacks, duffle bags and suitcases
- Linens (blankets, comforters, sheets, towels, curtains)
- New or gently used bras
- Office, school, crafting supplies
- Children’s books
Items Not Accepted
- Items that are soiled, stained, torn, or out of date
- Items with missing parts, pieces or plugs
- Items that reference drugs, alcohol, politics
- Books, magazines, VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs
- Serving platters, coffee mugs
- Business clothing
- Obsolete electronics
- Stuffed animals, unless the tag is still attached
- Wine glasses and alcohol-related items